Advanced Babywearing Educator
Advanced Babywearing Educator (ABE)
- You must be a Volunteer Babywearing Educator (VBE) for a minimum of one year and follow all the requirements for VBE.
- You must have at least 18 volunteer hours logged
and witnessed by another VBE. These hours can be attained by attending BWI
meetings, special events or consultations.
- You must have participated in at least 6
continuing education threads on the BWI forums in the VBE section. This area
hosts monthly topics. Each time you participate it must be on a different
thread and be of substance (more than a sentence or two) in order to be
- You must read one of the listed approved reading
articles, and write a
1000 word summary and editorial.
- You must fill out and turn in our Advanced
Babywearing Educator application.
- You must have an in person or skype interview
with a Master Babywearing Educator (MBE) who will test your abilities as a babywearer
and a leader. All main styles of carriers will be used and you must have a
small baby and a toddler available to demonstrate different carries.
Please email Kimber Tower for an application or with any questions. We look forward to talking with you.