The BWI Governance Committee is currently taking applications for open positions on the BWI Board of Directors. Successful applicants will join the board after the candidates are approved by Chapter Volunteers at the General Meeting, November 15-19. This is a volunteer position with an expected time commitment of approximately 5-10 hours per week
The Board of Directors is responsible for both the day-to-day affairs and long-term planning and strategy for BWI. As a working board, members are expected to keep up with ongoing conversations, to act as liaison so various committees, and to provide strategic and tactical guidance for the organization in both routine and crisis situations.
Desirable characteristics for all candidates include:
- Committed to serving a 2 year term (with the possibility of multiple terms)
- Project management and team leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self motivated and able to motivate teams to complete projects on a deadline
- Detail oriented
- Vision, creativity and flexibility
- Comfortable communicating in text in a variety of forums (email, messaging, Basecamp, TBW) with other BoD members, committees, CVs, sponsors and others
- Able to attend monthly call-in board meetings, typically in the evenings
- Ability to interact professionally
- Comfortable representing the organization in the Babywearing community and separating personal opinions and chapter needs from the needs and stances of the organization
- Excited about transitioning the organization to an international organization, hiring our first paid staff members, and building our educational resources for the babywearing community and beyond.
Additional useful skills include:
- Experience with midsize NPOs, especially international organizations.
- Public relations expertise
- Human resources experience
Applicants should submit a letter of intent and a résumé with relevant credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 13. Please also feel free to email and suggest someone whom you feel might be a great candidate so that the Governance Committee can approach them and encourage them to apply!