The easiest way to volunteer with Babywearing International is to contact your local chapter directly about volunteer opportunities in your community. However, we have a number of volunteer opportunities available with Babywearing International directly, working with the parent organization to benefit all chapters. BWI committee service may, with the approval of the Committee Chair and your Higher Accreditation Coordinator, be used to fulfill the requirement for an ABE or MBE project.
Opportunity to Join the BWI Board of Directors
Would you like an opportunity to shape the future of Babywearing International? The BWI Board of Directors is currently taking applications for two open board positions. Successful applicants will join the board after the candidates are approved by a vote of the board of directors at our August board meeting. Read the full job description here. All candidates should send a letter of intent, résumé or CV, to kat.chaffin@
Special call for the Diversity and Inclusivity Committee
The Diversity and Inclusivity Committee is seeking volunteers who can assist in making Babywearing International a more inclusive and accessible organization for marginalized people.
As a member of the DI Committee you will:
- Analyze the inclusivity of practices of individual chapters as well as at national level.
- Strategize ways to improve the inclusivity of our organization and make recommendations.
- Work with mediation to help resolve specific DI involved conflicts within the organization.
- Shape the diversity and inclusivity practices of the organization at large.
- Support grassroots movements from marginalized communities to lessen their oppression as well as help amplify their voices and bring awareness with our platform.
Volunteers do not have to be affiliated with BWI at any level. We prefer volunteers be from a marginalized community themselves and have some experience with social and racial justice issues.
Babywearing International is dedicated expanding and improving its inclusivity practices and supporting marginalized communities. Please help us on our mission to reach marginalized communities from our national platform and lead by example in the babywearing community.
If you are interested in participating in this committee, please submit a letter of interest to liz.rogers@
- Education Committee: Design graphics, format captioning, and develop resources. We are especially interested in developing Pouch and Onbuhimo positioning cards. Interested? Contact Amy at amy.rainbow@
- Social Media: Are you an Instagrammer? Love maintain Pinterest board? Have ideas for the BWI blog? You’e in luck! Contact Tasneem at tazz.muhd@
- Facebook Group Moderators: We’re getting ready to launch exciting changes to the Chapter Volunteer Facebook group, and a few moderators are needed. Contact Wendy at director@
- Accreditation Coordinators and Higher Accreditation Coordinators: Interested in helping your fellow volunteers obtain their VBE. ABE, or MBE accreditation? Contact Jillian for details!
None at this time.